TuneIn Radio and BBC - Podcast Show

Abzeichen

I have lost the ability to listen to programs from the last week on BBC Radio 6 Music.  I have used this service for years, and had this problem about 10 months ago.  It resolved apparenlty spontaneously, but has now come back.  Is this a software issue, or a rights dispute betwen TuneIn and the BBC?

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag ist geschlossen für weitere Beiträge

13 Antworten

Benutzerebene 6
Abzeichen +3

@Ken Crook

Hello und welcome to the community,

thanks for letting us know. We are investigating this at the moment.

Meanwhile as as Workaround you can use the Apps “BBC Sounds” and stream a show via Airplay on Sonos.

Best regards

Nils

Abzeichen

Thanks for your response and for looking into this. Unfortunately I don't have any Apple devices to use Airplay.  Is there an Android equivalent?

Ken Crook

Benutzerebene 6
Abzeichen +3

Hi @Ken Crook,

sorry, we don’t support an android equivalent for airplay.

As a workaround you could stream with an android app and wire your device to line-in from your Port for example: Use Line-In on Sonos

If you own a Sonos Roam, it is also capable of sharing its Bluetooth audio with the full system

Best regards

Nils

Abzeichen

Thanks again, but this doesn't really help me.  I know I can use line in for some devices, but I don't I can connect my phone or tablet to my Sonos Port.

Benutzerebene 2
Abzeichen +2

Hi @Ken Crook 

as Nils already mentioned, we are investigating this at the moment. This issue should only happen in the UK. 

Beside TuneIn there are a few other free Radio Station Services that also offers BBC Radio 6 Music, such as Sonos Radio and Radio.Net
You can freely add these to Sonos. That should help.

You can also look up the URL of the stream and add the Internet radio station to Sonos manually

Try this one: http://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_6music 

Greetings 

Mustafa

Abzeichen

Thanks for the suggestion. These options only give me the live radio, which I can still get on TuneIn.  The problem is with the "listen again" option, through which I could listen to shows that were up to 1 week old.

Ken

Benutzerebene 6
Abzeichen +3

Hey @Ken Crook sorry for the confusion. You are right the radio station works, while some podcasts don’t. I actually reported this for “BBC Radio 6 Music” podcasts and not for the radio stations. 

To be sure and I think this might help speed up this case: Could you tell us the exact podcast name you search for with TuneIn and post screenshots of the shown content in sonos app here?

I will pass your information along.

Best regards

Nils

Abzeichen

Thanks.  Here is a screenshot including the error message. 

Abzeichen

It’s now been several weeks since I reported this issue, yet it still hasn’t been resolved.  Have you been able to discover what the problem is?

Thanks,

Ken

Benutzerebene 6
Abzeichen +3

Hey @Ken Crook 

I can understand that you want TuneIn to work like it used to do. We have reported BBC-TuneIn integration multiple times, which is all we can do from our side. The music services are responsible for the content they provide.

There could be a solution for you now: 

BBC Sounds has added their own Music Service to Sonos for UK users. This music service is currently in preview and may change before its official release.

• See our article on adding music services to learn how to add BBC Sounds to Sonos.
  • Find other english speaking BBC and Sonos users here.

Other possible workarounds:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Nils

Abzeichen

Thanks.  Unfortunately I’m not in the UK, so won’t be able to use Sounds for the purpose I need.

Best wishes,

Ken Crook

@Ken Crook 

Hello, BBC sounds works for me without problems, while my sonos profile is set to UK.

Greetings,

Michael

Abzeichen

Dear Michael,

Thank for your suggestion.  Can you change the country setting on your Sonos when not in that country?

Thanks,

Ken