Beantwortet

Turntable, Sonos Port and GND

Hi,

just got my sonos port to connect my turntable to it. But can it be that the port doesnt have a GND connection? I definitely need Ground for my turntable. I mean, Sonos is advertising this as the optinal way to connect turntables and then forget the GND attachment?

Marc

icon

Beste Antwort von Nils S 2 August 2021, 12:42

Original anzeigen

Dieser Beitrag ist geschlossen für weitere Beiträge

3 Antworten

Benutzerebene 6
Abzeichen +3

@logemann

Hallo Marc and welcome to the german community,

sorry, Port does not have a ground connection pin and I was told that we probably don’t need GND with a preamped signal.

Check if your turntable has a built-in preamp like the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable. If your turntable does not have a built-in phono preamp, you will need to first connect your turntable to a phono preamp, and then connect the phono preamp to Sonos Port (Line in).

On a phono preamp you will usually find a ground connection pin.

Please check:

Support article: Listen to your turntable on Sonos

In our english community I found experienced users talking about GND here. I’d suggest asking there.

Further help from project-audio:

Turntable Electrical Hum Guide (PDF, EN)

Plattenspieler elektronischer Brumm Leitfaden (DE)

https://www.project-audio.com/en/faq/

Best regards

Nils

I have the Pro-Ject T1 with preAmp. So you mean GND is not necessary when using the PreAmp?

Benutzerebene 6
Abzeichen +3

@logemann 

Yes, this is what project-audio says about ground wire and built-in preamps:

Project-Audio
In case your amplifier does not have a ground connection pin, most likely it does not have a phono-input (phono-preamp). If this is the case use the turntables built-in phono preamp or an external phono-preamp

When you connect your Pro-Ject T1 to your Sonos Port ensure it is outputting to Line-out.

The outputs can be found on the back edge of the turntable, under the Tonearm

The switch on the side of the output box should be set to Line Out in order to play to Sonos products.

Please contact Project-Audio for more information about your turntable and mind the links I posted above.

Best regards

Nils