Beantwortet

[BUG] Battery usage of Songs iOS App while being in background too high

Abzeichen +2
iOS Sonos App Version: 8.5.2
Device: iPhone 7
iOS Version: 11.4

In the last 3 days I noticed that the Sonos App for iOS used a lot of my battery while being "inactive" in background. I wasn't using the app; i.e. no music playing.

Battery stats from iOS settings (last 24hrs)

1st log:
- 16 minutes in foreground
- 3.1 hours in background
-> 26% battery usage

2nd log:
- 15 minutes in foreground
- 1.3 hrs in background
-> 19% battery usage
icon

Beste Antwort von Perpugilliam 1 June 2018, 14:03

Original anzeigen

Dieser Beitrag ist geschlossen für weitere Beiträge

11 Antworten

Abzeichen +2
Typo in title - should be "Sonos iOS App" ... auto-correction 😠
Yes, that's a known issue. Why don't you just swipe up on the app's preview to close the app, when not in use?
Abzeichen +2
Maybe the sonos app searches for sonos boxes all the time, so just close the app every time you don't need it.
Abzeichen +2
I know you can always do this and of course I'm closing it (when I remembered to do it).
But it's inconvenient for users and often you do not even think about it - result: battery empty & users angry, etc.

I just wanted to share my experiences. My post was more like a bug report and not a "Question" 😉
Abzeichen +2
I know you can always do this and of course I'm closing it (when I remembered to do it).
But it's inconvenient for users and often you do not even think about it - result: battery empty & users angry, etc.

I just wanted to share my experiences. My post was more like a bug report and not a "Question" ;-)

I will try to reproduce your bug in the evening... 🙂
Abzeichen +2
Also kinda sad you can't fill a concrete bug report and only start a discussion (type: question or conversation). Or did I miss something?
Abzeichen +2

I just wanted to share my experiences. My post was more like a bug report and not a "Question" ;-)

I will try to reproduce your bug in the evening... :)

Thanks
Benutzerebene 7
Abzeichen +3
Hi m00se,
when you ask a question it is considered as a bug report.
Cheers
Armin
Also kinda sad you can't fill a concrete bug report and only start a discussion (type: question or conversation). Or did I miss something?
As I said, Sonos are aware of the issue. There is a lengthy thread on the topic already (albeit in German).

https://de.community.sonos.com/installation-und-nutzung-223378/sonos-app-saugt-akku-im-iphone-leer-6739849
Abzeichen +2
Thanks for the reply’s
You're welcome.